Extra-Curricular Programs at your School
Building dance communities in schools
Alongside our Curricular Program, REDed’s Extra-Curricular Program focuses on building thriving dance communities in schools. We make it our focus to create a positive dance culture for not only students, but principals, staff and parents. We love it when schools can take pride in extra-curricular offerings and we know that parents value it too!
All kids should have access to dance
Our Extra-Curricular Program is led by REDed’s team of trained professionals and creatively engages all children to connect with dance, their peers, and their physical and mental health. Our program ensures more kids have the opportunity to reap the benefits of dance at a price point that is really achievable. Dance experience is not required – we provide the experience and welcome students of all abilities.
Why parents love it
REDed understands that parents are busy people and juggling multiple extra-curricular activities is no easy feat. That’s why our Extra-Curricular Program works! We run our classes before school, at lunchtime or after school at your school, eliminating the stress of driving to another activity.
While we are not a before or after school care program, many parents find our Extra-Curricular Program a great option for weaving a valuable extra-curricular activity into their child’s day, that fits around their work schedules.
While it’s not compulsory for our extra-curricular programs to have a competition element, many schools choose our Show Troupe Program to showcase the fabulous work of their students in the wider community. Dance competitions and eisteddfods are a great goal for students to work towards, and the benefits go far beyond whether they win an award or not. We’ve watched hundreds of students grow in confidence, self-esteem and resilience while developing their performance skills and teamwork along the way!
REDed’s Show Troupe Program has a focus on extending students who want to pursue excellence, so an audition process is necessary to ensure the high standards of the program. With this in mind, the audition criteria is quite flexible to ensure our Troupes are inclusive – we want everyone to have the chance to shine!
Once selected, students sign a commitment contract and work towards one or more state competitions or eisteddfods with their Show Troupe, representing their school in a regional, state or sometimes national level.
Competitions where you may have seen us…
- DanceLife Unite
- DanceSpec Eisteddfod
- Extreme Eisteddfod
- Sydney Catholic Schools Eisteddfod
- Sydney Eisteddfod
For schools who prefer their students to not compete and to dance ‘for the love of it’, REDed runs training programs in the following styles, with classes open to all interested students:
- Hip Hop
- Musical Theatre
- Infants Ballet
- Dance Fit
The school’s role
Let’s chat… Get in touch to discuss launching an Extra-Curricular Program at your school! We require a minimum of 10 students for any class to proceed, so provided there’s interest, we can start at the beginning of next term!
You provide a venue… Depending on the size of a class, we typically run our programs in school halls, gyms or classrooms. REDed communicates with the school typically via a dance coordinator or similar.
We deal with the parents… Administration of fees and parent communication is handled directly by REDed via our Parent Portal.
Performance outcomes decided by you… We love shining the spotlight on your students. Let’s chat further about performing at a school assembly, a year six graduation, Grandparents’ Day, Open Day, or outside of school at a competition, charity event or community festival. There are so many ways to showcase and highlight your students!
1 x 40-60 minute lesson per class per week
Classes can run for the full four terms of the year
REDed charges a fee directly to parents all-inclusive of lessons, costumes, entry fees, staffing fees, photos and videos and Group Accident Cover
Programs tailored based on requirements
Preparation for concerts/musicals/competitions
Professional dance coaching
- Julie DeganYear 5 Teacher"The REDed program is such an engaging program. I watch the kids, they are all smiling and happy - all participating at the same time. I don’t see any child want to sit down, they are thoroughly engaged."
- Richard LaceyHead of Sports at St Pius X College“The quality of the dance, choreography and instruction has been excellent. The whole P.E. Department has been blown away by the quality of the work the boys have been able to produce as a result of the REDed sessions.”
- Nikki ChapmanParent at Kincoppal-Rose Bay“Your organisation, communication and execution of your classes with the highest quality of teachers and standards is outstanding. Thank you for not only making dance fun for the students, but for making it easy on the parents.”
- Grace LazzeriParent at Lindfield Public School"Thank you for exposing the dancers to these different performances and opportunities. They are not only learning about dancing here, they are gaining self confidence, they are learning how to work as part of a team and they are learning to respect and love their bodies more."
- Jane LavisParent at Queenwood School for Girls (Senior)“The level of teaching, especially with your focus on technique, shines through when you see the girls perform. They are very lucky to have someone who not only has a gift for incredible choreography, but also explains to the girls the inspiration and the history/story behind each dance.”
- Stephanie McConnellPrincipal at Lindfield Learning Village"It is so great to work with a company who cares so much for young people and is so aligned with our school's vision."
- Dan SlaterClass Teacher at Wheelers Hill Primary School“I’m fine with ‘movement’ activity but fully choreographed dances require REDed."
- Amanda TasovskiAssistant Principal at Gordon West Public School“The kids loved the dance and I loved doing it with them. I love teaching dance but it was a nice break to not have to think about choreography. I will definitely be purchasing more.”